Andrew Shiner is a partner in the Firm. Mr. Shiner handles a variety of commercial real estate transactions for financial institutions, insurance companies, pension funds, private equity investors and operating companies, including purchases and sales of office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, industrial properties, apartment buildings, other commercial properties and vacant land; commercial real estate secured transactions, including permanent, bridge, construction, full recourse and securitized mortgage loans, joint venture and mezzanine financing, loan assumptions, workouts and restructurings; retail, industrial and office leasing; and all aspects of due diligence. He has extensive experience representing buyers/sellers, borrowers, landlords and tenants in purchase and sale, financing and lease transactions for industrial (including warehouse and self-storage) projects located throughout the United States.
The following is a representative list of closed transactions:
- Represented pension fund as lender in $425MM loan for trophy office building located in Century City, California.
- Represented prominent Southern California real estate fund purchaser in $950MM corporate merger and asset acquisition of public real estate investment trust owning over 70 office and industrial properties in the Western United States.
- Represented private equity company in purchase and senior and mezzanine financing of $470MM trophy office building asset in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented private equity company in purchase and senior and mezzanine financing of $430MM trophy office building asset in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented insurance company purchaser in $244MM Class A office building in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented bank in $40MM full recourse renovation loan for California beach hotel.
- Represented private equity company in acquisition and financing of $222MM luxury hotel and related facilities, including world-class PGA Tour golf course and sports club.
- Represented prominent Boston real estate fund in $125 million acquisition of shopping center in Seal Beach, California.
- Represented insurance company in complex development agreement for $67MM acquisition and $75MM development of an apartment building complex in Washington, D.C.
- Represented joint venture purchaser of $85 million mixed-use commercial and residential project in Beverly Hills, California.
- Represented investor in joint venture acquisition and foreclosure of $40 million loan encumbering multiple building apartment complex in Santa Monica, California.
- Represented fortune 100 company in warehouse leasing and subleasing projects throughout the United States.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Shiner was a partner of both the DLA Piper and Seyfarth Shaw law firms, where he practiced in the Real Estate departments of those firms.
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D.
Mr. Shiner received American Jurisprudence Awards (top score in the class) in Contracts and Jurisprudence
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Economics
California, Real Property Law Section and Business Law Section
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Board Member, Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation
Presenter, “Fundamentals of Real Estate Closings in California,” by Lorman Education Services