Karli Baumgardner is an associate at the Firm. She specializes in both real estate and general business matters, representing corporate and institutional clients in a wide variety of debt and equity transactions.
Ms. Baumgardner has counseled national banks, real estate investment trusts (REITs), private equity firms, developers, operators, and investors with respect to a variety of real estate transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, real estate-backed financings, loan modifications and restructurings, and related matters.
Significant representations and transactions include:
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition of a mixed-use historical landmark property in San Francisco.
- Represented lender in $600M construction financing for development of condominium property in Hawaii.
- Represented lender in the $100M+ mortgage and mezzanine financing of a major office building in Los Angeles.
- Represented purchaser/borrower in the acquisition and loan assumption of a seven-asset portfolio of retail and office space (anchor tenants include Urban Outfitters, Pottery Barn, and Apple).
- Represented lender in $273M condominium conversion financing for apartment building in New York City.
Ms. Baumgardner joined the Firm as a lateral attorney from Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, where she was a transactional associate in the Real Estate Department.
Stanford Law School, J.D.
University of Pittsburgh, B.A., The History and Philosophy of Science, summa cum laude
The Honorable James S. Gwin, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio – Law Clerk